Our Mission Statement reflects the ethos and values of Scorton CE Primary School “A Small School with a Big Outlook”
Jesus said: “Love one another as I have loved you” and this is our guiding principle. We care about each other, our work, ourselves and our community. Our school provides a safe, welcoming environment where children, parents and staff are respected and valued.
Our school values are celebrated and continually developed in all members of the school community. In our school these values are: courage, creativity, peace, trust, forgiveness, justice, thankfulness, compassion, friendship, hope, truthfulness, humility.
Our aims are to:
- Educate our children intellectually, socially, spiritually, emotionally, physically and aesthetically, and so develop the full potential of each child.
- Foster self esteem and a sense of responsibility and respect to others and the world around.
- Stimulate pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds and promote active learning in all areas of the curriculum.
- Provide every opportunity for the children to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values needed to enable them to enjoy living in a changing world.
- Be distinguished by the quality of care that we extend to all who are part of our greater school community.
- Reflect a commitment to the Christian faith in the family life of the school, and in the welcome to children, parents and members of the community.
- To foster strong links between school, home and the United Parish.
- Encourage creativity and celebrate achievement in all aspects of school and home life.